Health and Safety
Health & Safety: Who we are...
Construction Safety (CS) Ltd are based in Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire. We currently assist companies throughout the UK providing independent Health and Safety Advice and Consultancy.
With over 40 years’ experience, in the construction sector, we support companies to meet the ever changing, and demanding health and safety requirements placed upon them.
We provide a straightforward, sensible, open and honest approach. An ‘arm around the shoulder’
Our consultants are registered on behalf of the company with the HSE under the Occupational Safety and Health Consultants Register (OSHCR). The aim of this register is to help businesses find advice on managing their general health and safety risks. The register is only open to those health and safety consultants who have met certain standards within their professional bodies.
We have a portfolio of clients, many of whom, have employed us for a number of years. Including; small local businesses, larger companies throughout the UK, local housing associations, architects.
Health & Safety: What we do...
Construction Safety (CS) Ltd provide an independent health and safety advisory service and consultancy to a number of companies, ranging from architectural practices, small builders, haulage contractors, shops and factories through to major contractors as well as Housing Associations, Local Authorities and Government services in both the private and public sectors. We assist with the implementation of a positive health and safety culture and fulfilment of duties placed on them by Health and Safety Legislation.
We have also been instructed on a wide variety of projects including work on apartment blocks, residential accommodation, residential care schemes, listed buildings, churches, theatres, leisure centres, hospitals, hospice, medical centres, care homes, schools, universities, colleges, Banks and IT centres and most Recently Battery Energy Storage Systems.
In accordance with The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999, every organization is required to have access to competent health and safety advice. We can act in that role, and retained clients are entitled to use our company name and supporting information on tender submissions to demonstrate that they have access to health and safety support.
Prospective clients can be provided with written or verbal references, direct from our large number of satisfied clients.
Our consultants are registered on behalf of the company with the HSE under the Occupational Safety and Health Consultants Register (OSHCR).
The aim of this register is to help businesses find advice on managing their general health and safety risks. The register is only open to those health and safety consultants who have met certain standards within their professional bodies.
A health and safety policy template and updates as required (assistance would be offered to tailor this to the company requirements within the realm of our competency).
- Help with health and safety compliant questionnaires including CHAS, Constructionline, Safecontractor and SMAS, etc.
- Access to a library of documentation via our website client login. Including generic risk assessments, noise and vibration assessments, method statements, permits to work, toolbox talks, etc. (Site-specific assessments and method statements would be at an agreed fee.)
- Access to and advice with all health and safety inspection forms and other pro-forma.
- Health and Safety advice and support via telephone or email.
- Distribution of periodic health and safety information obtained from various bodies, including the HSE. This is via our ‘News’ page.
- Advice on compliance form filling, for inclusion on preferred tender lists.
- Emergency assistance in the event of serious accidents and enforcement authority visits, and advice and assistance with accident investigation and reporting.
- Advice on CDM compliant documentation and if requested, assistance with health and safety plans at an agreed fee.
- Health and safety training at a reduced price, (at a location to suit your convenience) including scaffold inspection, abrasive wheels, manual handling, on site toolbox talks etc.
- A certificate to confirm that your company retains the services of Construction Safety (CS) Ltd. Clients are entitled to use our company name and supporting information for tender submissions, (as long as they remain in credit), to demonstrate that they have access to health and safety advice and support.
- CDM Services.
- Site and workshop inspections.
We also provide assistance with the following accreditation schemes: